- 2016-11-28: SimpleElastix v0.10.0 is out! This release includes SimpleITK v0.10.0 and improvements to the build system.
elastix is now compiled only for float pixel type which makes compilation significantly faster and binaries smaller. A major pimple refactoring further speeds up compilation and makes SimpleElastix easier to include in other projects as all
elastix headers are compiled into the library compilation unit. See release notes for a full list of changes at this link.
The new release can be downloaded here and installation instructions can be found in the documentation.
- 2016-05-11: A new version of SimpleElastix is available, see the list of changes at github. The new release adds support for point sets, multiple fixed and moving images, initial transforms and more, bringing SimpleElastix on par with the command line version of
- 2016-04-19: Our two papers on SuperElastix and SimpleElastix are accepted for WBIR! You can find them here and here.
- 2015-09-08: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.8, see the list of changes.
- 2015-07-14: A large scale evaluation performed with
elastix by Vlachopoulos et al.
- 2015-01-22: Denis Shamonin just merged his OpenCL work with the trunk. Checkout commit 4899! The work is described in this paper.
- 2015-01-14: Kasper Marstal created SimpleElastix, a fork of SimpleITK that integrates
transformix. It provides bindings for Python, Java, R, Ruby, Octave, Lua, Tcl and C#. SimpleElastix can be downloaded from the project's Github page. Impressive work Kasper!
elastix is adopted by the Philips Imalytics workstation! "elastix, the ultimate tool for multimodal image registration tasks".
- 2014-10-01: Floris Berendsen has started working on a brand new redesign of
We have open positions for a new image registration project related to
elastix! We need two PhD students, a postdoctoral researcher and a scientific programmer. See this flyer for more information.
- 2014-02-12: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.7, see the list of changes.
- 2014-02-11: We received a large grant from the Dutch Technology Foundation that enables us to continue working on
- 2014-01-16: We published a paper describing substantial accelerations of
elastix. See this link.
- 2012-12-18: We submitted a paper to the Insight Journal about an OpenCL implementation that computes the Gaussian pyramids and resampler on the GPU: link.
- 2012-08-21: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.6, see the list of changes.
- 2011-11-14: Steve M. Robbins provides a number of Linux (Debian)
elastix packages, both 32bit and 64bit: click here.
- 2011-09-12: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.5, see the list of changes.
elastix is now nightly tested on a public dashboard! See http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=elastix.
- 2010-11-13: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.4, see the list of changes.
- 2010-10-28: read access to
elastix for everyone! Checkout:
svn co --username elastixguest --password elastixguest https://svn.bigr.nl/elastix/trunkpublic <mylocalpathtoelastix>
- 2010-09-24: The image registration tutorial held at MICCAI 2010 was a success! Checkout this link for all presentations.
- 2010-09-08: The paper ''itk::Transforms supporting spatial derivatives'' was submitted to the Insight Journal.
- 2010-08-12: Our image sampling framework for the ITK was submitted to the Insight Journal.
- 2010-04-02: Darko Zikic (&co) organises a tutorial on intensity-based nonrigid image registration at MICCAI2010 in Beijing. We (Marius and Stefan) will give lectures as well. Check the announcement, and subscribe if you are interested!
- 2010-01-07: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.3, see the list of changes.
- 2010-01-04: The paper "
elastix: A Toolbox for Intensity-Based Medical Image Registration" has been published in IEEE TMI, see here or here.
- 2009-10-22: A paper describing
elastix has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging! Click here for a preprint.
- 2009-08-31: Mac OS X binaries are available for
- 2009-08-24: The
elastix 4.2 release contained a bug in the brand new TransformPenalty metrics, which caused a brutal crash. The 4.2 release has been updated to fix this. Since not many people use the TransformPenalty metric yet (because it's new) chances are small that you encountered this bug. Thanks to Ganesh Khedoe who reported it.
- 2009-08-20: The Windows binaries of version 4.2 did not include jpeg62.dll and zlib1.dll. This has been fixed now, so re-download the Windows binaries if you experienced problems when loading
elastix 4.2. Thanks to Ganesh Khedoe who reported the bug.
- 2009-08-14: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.2, see the list of changes.
- 2009-05-07: The
elastix svn repository has been moved to https://svn.bigr.nl/elastix.
- 2009-05-06: We created a wiki with a parameter file database. Everyone is invited to upload their own successful
- 2009-04-29: It is now possible to download previous
elastix releases, see Download.
- 2009-04-14: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.1, see the list of changes.
- 2009-04-14: We created a mailing list. Subscribe to this list if you want to stay informed about new developments of
elastix, and to communicate with other users and the developers.
- 2009-04-08: We created an optional download form, to keep track of you .
- 2008-11-07: MAC OS X 64 bit binaries are now available, kindly provided by dr. Hoen-oh Shin.
- 2008-10-08: The version 4.0 source code zip/tar was incomplete. A directory was missing, which caused compilation errors. This has been fixed now, so please download the sources again if you experienced this problem.
- 2008-10-02: A new
elastix version is available: version 4.0, see the list of changes.
- 2008-07-09: The B-spline helper classes were submitted to the Insight Journal.
- 2008-06-19: A filter of
elastix (which creates a deformation field from a transform) was submitted to the Insight Journal.
elastix is moved from CVS to an SVN repository.
- 2008-04-16: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.9, see the list of changes.
- 2008-04-15: As you may have noticed, the
elastix website has a new home:
http://elastix.isi.uu.nl. Please update your bookmarks!
- 2008-03-21: We have written a manual for
elastix, see this link.
- 2007-12-03: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.8, see the list of changes.
- 2007-01-19: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.7.
- 2006-11-16: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.6.
- 2006-05-08: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.5.
- 2006-04-14: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.4.
- 2005-09-30: A new
elastix version is available: version 3.3.