Changes of elastix 3.8 compared to elastix 3.7
- Updated the documentation.
- Resampling speed-up for linear transformations.
- AutomaticScalesEstimation, an option for the linear transform to estimate the Scales parameter automatically.
- The B-spline grid is now placed symetrically on the fixed image domain.
- Added an option to set the maximum number of threads that elastix is allowed to use.
- Progress command: prints the progress of slow processes to screen.
- Elastix now, to some extend, supports multiple inputs for the registration (e.g. registering sets of images).
- Fixed numerous small bugs.
- The final resampling was done twice, by accident. Resampling is now performed only once, as it should be, resulting in a speed-up of a factor of two :-)
- The last parameter of the B-spline transform was never written to the transform parameters file.
New classes and/or methods:
- Added a LinearInterpolator and NearestNeighborInterpolator.
- Added a Linear and NearestNeighborResampleInterpolator.
- Added a float version of the final B-spline resample interpolator. It reduces the memory burden, at the cost of some precision.
- Added a AdvancedKappaStatisticMetric: maximises overlap.
- Added a metric that adds a rigidity penalty term to the Mattes mutual information metric.
- Added Fixed/MovingSmoothingImagePyramid: these pyramids do not resize the images, but keep the original size.
- Added a CMAEvolutionStrategy optimizer.
- Added a similarity transform: rotation, translation and isotropic scaling.